Magnetic Resonance Imaging and Magnetic Resonance Angiography (MRA) both use strong magnetic field to create images. The difference in two technologies is that —
(1) MRA comparatively is a newer technology than MRI
(2) MRI is used to examine bones, joints, soft tissues, internal organs etc whereas MRA is used to examine health of blood vessels and arteries.
(3) Angiography can be performed using X Ray and CT scan also but magnetic resonance angiography is recommended because it gives better results and it is non invasive. Doctor may ask for fluid intake to create better contrast images.
(4) Preparations for both MRI and MRA are almost same. You should ask the radiology expert and doctor about any special preparations in case if you are pregnant or any medication is going on.
(5) MRA can detect blockages in blood vessels while MRI cannot.
3H Care offers MRA with it’s partner labs at discounted price. You can compare price in different nearby labs by using comparison feature.
Search for MRA in your preferred location at MRI page and avail the discount.